Podcast Obsessed

Image result for serial
My favorite form of media - podcasts. I love podcasts. I listen to them in my car, when I'm walking, when I'm baking, when I'm cleaning my room. They are a really great way to unwind in a mindful, and somewhat academic manner. I do not enjoy watching TV, and podcasts are a great way to not only self educate, but to relax. Here are my top podcast recommendations.

Serial 
Hosted by Sarah Koenig, this is an investigative journalism podcast produced by this American Life. This is literally the most exciting way a person can spend their time. Listening to a nonfiction story over multiple episodes?? I think yes. There are two seasons. The first follows a murder case, and the second an army 'desertion' case. 

Revisionist History
This is a podcast by Malcolm Gladwell. Malcolm Gladwell is god-like, and in this podcast he re-examines an event in history, that is told in an inaccurate or misinformed manner, and "corrects it." Listening to this podcast makes me feel smarter and is a great way to inform oneself. 

Dissect
For all music lovers! This is a podcast that examines different albums in super in-depth manner. In 2018 it was at the top of the "New York Times Best Podcast List," and definitely for a reason. 

Views
This is definitely the least intellectual podcast of the group, and is definitely more on the comedy side of things. David Dobrik hosts this podcast, and it's a story-telling type podcast. It makes me laugh and I can zone out to it after a long day. It doesn't require my full attention, whereas Podcasts like Serial and Revisionist History do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't watch TV

Violence in the Media

Am I a midriff?